Handling of Customers’ Personal Information
Camel Coffee executives and employees recognize the importance of Personal Information, and will strive to protect and manage Personal Information.
Obtaining and Using Personal Information
Camel Coffee may obtain customers’ Personal Information. At such time, Camel Coffee shall clearly state in advance the purpose of use of the provided Personal Information, obtain or use said Personal Information with the consent of the customer, within the appropriate scope and using legal means. However, when obtaining Personal Information, in cases where the purpose of use is clear from the circumstances in which it is obtained, the purpose of use of Personal Information may not always be clearly stated.
Safety Management Measures for Personal Information
- To prevent and correct unauthorized access to Personal Information, leaks, loss, and/or destruction of Personal Information, Camel Coffee shall prepare basic policies, establish rules regarding the handling of personal data and implement systematic, human, physical, and technical security control measures.
- To appropriately manage Personal Information, Camel Coffee shall strive to build understanding among executives and all employees, and to conduct related education and awareness-raising.
- We may outsource our business to subcontractors to the extent necessary to enhance our services. In such cases, we will enter into a contract with the subcontractor regarding the handling of Personal Information and exercise appropriate supervision over the subcontractor.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- Personal Information provided by customers shall be used within the scope of its purpose of use, and shall not be used beyond that scope. We shall obtain prior consent of the customer in question if using Personal Information beyond the scope of the Purpose of Use.
- Personal Information provided by customers shall be used, after obtaining the consent of the customer, for the purpose of executing the following business processes (including business processes for online stores and applications operated by Camel Coffee).
- Business processes relating to products and services handled by Camel Coffee, including providing information, taking orders, shipping and payments
- Business processes relating to collecting questionnaires given to customers and market information concerning products and services
- Business processes relating to notifying, recording and managing various members, users, etc., including for online stores and applications
- Business processes relating to responding to various inquiries and comments
- Business processes relating to research, product planning and development, etc. concerning businesses operated by Camel Coffee
- Business processes relating to collecting information, responding to inquiries, recording their details, etc. concerning employment
- Business processes relating to collecting various types of information, recording their details, etc. concerning transactions with Camel Coffee
- Other business processes applying to the aforementioned and business processes or closely related to the aforementioned
Disclosure and Provision of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except in the following cases, Camel Coffee shall not disclose or provide the Personal Information of customers to third parties without obtaining the consent of the customer.
- In cases where disclosure or provision is ordered based on laws concerning the protection of Personal Information or other laws and ordinances, and in cases where it is allowed.
- In cases where cooperation for disclosure is requested from a public institution, such as a court of law or the police, and obtaining the consent of the individual in question would hinder, or would risk hindering, such cooperation.
- In cases required to protect human life, bodily safety, or property, and obtaining the consent of the individual in question is not feasible.
- In cases of provision to outsourced business service providers within the scope necessary to fulfill the purpose of use.
Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information and Disclosure of Personal Information Provision Record to a Third Party
In cases of a customer requesting confirmation, correction, deletion, suspension of use and/or disclosure of Personal Information provision record to a third party regarding their own Personal Information, Camel Coffee shall respond within an appropriate and reasonable timeframe and scope after confirming that said request concerns the Personal Information of the requesting customer. In addition, in cases of provided personal information being destroyed after being stored for a certain length of time, please understand in advance that requests may not be accommodated in some cases. We shall disclose Personal Information without fee. We shall announce any changes to fees in advance.
- About Cookies
Cookies are functions that store customers’ website browsing information on the customers' own computer (Internet-enabled devices such as PC, smart phone and tablet).
- Use of Google Analytics
Google Analytics, a service provided by Google, is used for the above analysis and information may be provided to the tool provider.
- How to disable cookies
It is possible for customers to disable cookies by changing the settings on their browser. However, some services may not be available if cookies are disabled.
- Advertisement delivery by third-party distributors
Inquiries and Complaints Regarding Personal Information
Inquiries and complaints, including those relating to the preceding Clause 5, directed to the following point of contact at Camel Coffee shall be handled appropriately. When making an inquiry, Camel Coffee may confirm that the person making the inquiry is the customer in question to prevent third parties from obtaining Personal Information without authorization.
Camel Coffee Co., Ltd. Customer Service Office
Tel: 0120-936-011 (Hours: 9:00 a.m.–6 p.m. JST, 365 days a year)
Date of establishment: March 9, 2020
Date of revision: March10, 2023
Camel Coffee Co., Ltd.
Address: 2-31-8, Daita, Setagaya-ku, Tokyo, 155-0033 Japan
Nobuo Oda, President