Handling of Customers’ Personal Information
Camel Coffee executives and employees recognize the importance of Personal Information, and will strive to protect and manage Personal Information.
Obtaining Personal Information
Camel Coffee may obtain customers’ Personal Information. At such time, Camel Coffee shall clearly state in advance the purpose of use of the provided Personal Information, and shall obtain said Personal Information with the consent of the customer, within the appropriate scope and using legal means. However, when obtaining Personal Information, in cases where the purpose of use is clear from the circumstances in which it is obtained, the purpose of use of Personal Information may not always be clearly stated.
Management of Personal Information
- To prevent leaks, falsification, destruction, loss and use outside the scope of the purpose of use, Camel Coffee shall strictly manage Personal Information in accordance with related laws, ordinances, rules and guidelines, comply with internal regulations established by Camel Coffee, and strive to ensure and improve security.
- To appropriately manage Personal Information, Camel Coffee shall strive to build understanding among executives and all employees, and to conduct related education and awareness-raising.
- To improve and expand its services, Camel Coffee may outsource business processes to business service providers within the necessary scope. In this event, Camel Coffee shall require the outsourced service providers to engage in appropriate management.
Purpose of Use of Personal Information
- Personal Information provided by customers shall be used within the scope of its purpose of use, and shall not be used beyond that scope.
- Personal Information provided by customers shall be used, after obtaining the consent of the customer, for the purpose of executing the following business processes (including business processes for online stores operated by Camel Coffee).
- Business processes relating to products and services handled by Camel Coffee, including providing information, taking orders, shipping and payments
- Business processes relating to collecting questionnaires given to customers and market information concerning products and services
- Business processes relating to notifying, recording and managing various members, users, etc., including for online stores
- Business processes relating to responding to various inquiries and comments
- Business processes relating to research, product planning and development, etc. concerning businesses operated by Camel Coffee
- Business processes relating to collecting information, responding to inquiries, recording their details, etc. concerning employment
- Business processes relating to collecting various types of information, recording their details, etc. concerning transactions with Camel Coffee
- Other business processes applying to the aforementioned and business processes or closely related to the aforementioned
Disclosure of Personal Information to Third Parties
Except in the following cases, Camel Coffee shall not disclose the Personal Information of customers to third parties without obtaining the consent of the customer.
- In cases where disclosure or provision is ordered based on laws concerning the protection of Personal Information or other laws and ordinances, and in cases where it is allowed
- In cases where cooperation for disclosure is requested from a public institution, such as a court of law or the police, and obtaining the consent of the individual in question would hinder, or would risk hindering, such cooperation
- In cases required to protect human life, bodily safety, or property, and obtaining the consent of the individual in question is not feasible
- In cases of provision to outsourced business service providers within the scope necessary to fulfill the purpose of use
Disclosure, Correction, Deletion, Suspension of Use, etc. of Personal Information
In cases of a customer requesting confirmation, correction, deletion, suspension of use, etc. regarding their own Personal Information, Camel Coffee shall respond within an appropriate and reasonable timeframe and scope after confirming that said request concerns the Personal Information of the requesting customer. In addition, in cases of provided personal information being destroyed after being stored for a certain length of time, please understand in advance that requests may not be accommodated in some cases.
Inquiries Regarding Personal Information
Inquiries, including those relating to the preceding Clause 5, directed to the following point of contact at Camel Coffee shall be handled appropriately. When making an inquiry, Camel Coffee may confirm that the person making the inquiry is the customer in question in order to prevent third parties from obtaining Personal Information without authorization.
Tel: 0120-936-011 (toll free in Japan only) Hours: 9:00 a.m.–6 p.m. JST, 365 days a year